Non-CDL Yard Jokey/Forklift Operator
Scranton Full Time
Valley Distributing & Storage Co. is hiring a Yard Jockey / Forklift Operator at our Scranton Location. Full time with benefits package and competitive rate.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00AM – 3:30PM / Overtime and weekends as required.
YARD JOCKEY DUTIES:
- Safely and efficiently operator a yard truck.
- Spot trucks at the warehouse doors as directed from the Warehouse Manager / Shipping-Receiving Office.
- Move trailers in the yard as needed for efficient and safe space utilization.
- Complete daily yard truck safety and inspection checklist.
- Fuel yard truck, check and fill fluids, etc.
- Operate lift truck in a safe and efficient manner to load/unload trucks and/or rail cars.
- Move pallets and materials within the warehouse to maintain proper storage to meet customer needs.
- Check operations of the lift truck, using a checklist, and advise the supervisor of any malfunction.
- Hand pick and stack cases for customer orders as needed.
- Demonstrated forklift and/or order picker experience; Experience spotting trailers into dock doors
- Previous experience in a warehouse/distribution center.
- Has strong communication and math skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds safely.
- Reliable transportation and good attendance record.
- Pre-employment qualifications include a background check and drug testing.
- Family health, vision, dental insurance benefits, along with disability and life insurance benefits after (60) days
- Holiday and vacation pay
- 401(K) with 4% Company Match (after 1 year of service)