Valley Distributing & Storage is seeking a Warehouse Lead who will assist with the oversight of all distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, and administrative activities to ensure safety and customer requirements are met. The ideal candidate will provide a positive example of performance, safety, and reliability to the rest of the team.
- Assist with the daily supervision of warehouse associates to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operations of the warehouse.
- Develop and implement shipping and receiving work assignments to ensure efficient operation.
- Load, unload, move, stock, and stage products and materials using powered industrial equipment.
- Pull and prepare products for shipment, ensuring the exact number and types of products are loaded.
- Follow customer requirements and/or other instructions to ensure accuracy: load count, stability of product, and that all products are loaded and unloaded safely.
- Review warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is neat and well organized and that damage to product, equipment and the facility is prevented.
- Assist in conducting physical inventories and cycle counts as required.
- Ability to work extended hours/over-time/ flexible hours as needed as well as some Saturdays.
- Material handling equipment experience (sit down counterbalance forklifts, stand up narrow aisle lifts, electric pallet jacks, etc.).
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds safely.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements. Must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience as warehouse lead or similar role working in fast-paced, hands-on operation.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and handheld devices (RF)
- Must be a strong team player with a firm, personal commitment toward the business and its customers.
JOB TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Scranton and Wilkes-Barre (Laflin) Facilities
DAY SHIFT (M-F) 7 AM – 3:30 PM
PAY: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
Benefits include family medical/dental/vision, STD & Life Insurances, 401K plan, and PTO.