Valley Distributing is searching for a candidate to manage staff and processes in the best manner to achieve high levels of organization and productivity in a varied, fast paced environment. The Warehouse Manager has total responsibility for distribution services to ensure quality and service are at a high level. The position requires a high level of precision, including staying on top of the details and effectively using technology. The ideal candidate will provide a positive example of safety, performance, reliability to the rest of the team, and maintain a productive and motivated workforce.
Valley Distributing is a full-service Third-Party Logistics (3PL) provider with over two million square feet of warehousing space. Based in Laflin, PA, we have a proven record of service and stability, demonstrated for 60 years. Our employees have played a major role in our past success and are central to our future. We strive to build a high-performance culture that brings together talented employees driven to always improve their skills and grow with the company.
- Plan daily shipping and receiving work assignments to ensure efficient operation.
- Responsible to ensure the warehouse is neat and well organized and that damage to product, equipment and the facility is prevented.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and policies are followed. Operate in compliance with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
- Ensure current and accurate inventory control for all customers. Assist in conducting physical inventories and cycle counts as required.
- Lead a staff including full time and temporary labor in a large warehouse.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends.
- Material handling equipment experience (sit down counterbalance forklifts, stand up narrow aisle lifts, electric pallet jacks, etc.)
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds safely.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Four years managerial experience in warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL) working in fast-paced, hands-on operation.
- Ability to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
- Knowledge of WMS with the ability to operate as a super-user to manage, address, and resolve issues on the floor and within the shipping/receiving office.
- Must be a strong team player with a firm, personal commitment toward the business and its customers.
LOCATION: Scranton – Wilkes Barre Area
PAY: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Benefits include family medical/dental/vision, STD & Life Insurances, 401K plan, and PTO.