Assistant General Manager
Assistant General Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Scranton and Wilkes-Barre (Laflin) Facilities
DAY SHIFT (M-F) 7 AM – 3:30 PM
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 Per Year
Benefits: Family Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurances; Short Term Disability, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment; 401K Plan Company Match; Paid Time Off (PTO).
Valley Distributing is searching for an Assistant General Manager, responsible for managing all aspects of a supply chain operation. The AGM provides overall direction and oversight in the areas of performance, safety, P&L management, customer relations, continuous improvement, and associate development across multiple sites. As AGM, you’ll lead managers who are well-trained, motivated, and ready to support your direction. The ideal candidate is gritty, hands on and willing to work shoulder-to-shoulder with their team to set the tone for everyone on the floor.
Valley Distributing is a full-service Third-Party Logistics (3PL) provider with over two million square feet of warehousing space. Based in Laflin, PA, we have a proven record of service and stability, demonstrated for 60 years. Our employees have played a major role in our past success and are central to our future. We strive to build a high-performance culture that brings together talented employees driven to always improve their skills and grow with the company.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, environmental policies, or government regulations.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Manage forklift operations and certifications/recertifications.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and policies are followed. Operate in compliance with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
- Oversee the hiring, disciplining, firing, evaluating, and training actions for all sites.
- Thorough knowledge of material handling equipment (sit down counterbalance forklifts, stand up narrow aisle lifts, electric pallet jacks, etc.)
- Minimum 10 years managerial experience in warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL) working in fast-paced, hands-on operation.
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively with customers, vendors, associates at all levels within the company.
- Knowledge of warehouse management software (WMS) programs; Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook; inventory management, budgeting, and accounting is required.