Job Type: Full Time at corporate office, No remote work
Location: Wilkes-Barre (Laflin) Main Office
Day Shift (M-F) 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Pay: Starting at $70,000.00
Benefits: Family Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurances; Short Term Disability, Life, AD&D; 401K Plan Company Match; Paid Time Off (PTO).
Valley Distributing & Storage Co. is seeking an Accounting Manager for our Wilkes-Barre office. This position oversees the organization’s accounting practices, supervises, and manages the accounting functions of the general ledger, and ensures proper internal accounting controls. You’ll partner with Operations leadership to manage and develop solutions to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, and increase revenue.
Valley Distributing is a full-service Third-Party Logistics (3PL) provider with over two million square feet of warehousing space. Based in Laflin, PA, we have a proven record of service and stability, demonstrated for 60 years. Our employees have played a major role in our past success and are central to our future.
- Manage four direct reports in all aspects of accounting and finance, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, Billing, General Ledger, Payroll, and Fixed Assets accounting in a hands-on environment.
- Responsible for the month-end close functions by preparing journal entries, balance sheet, account reconciliations, and intercompany balancing for four companies.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages for President/COO with explanations on key drivers of results.
- Coordinate tax filings by providing required documentation including trial balances to CPA firm in a timely manner and ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal statutes.
- Manage, organize, and prepare Common Area Maintenance (CAM) reconciliations and billings for tenants.
- Work closely with Human Resources, Operations, and Customer Service, to agree and establish operations finance KPIs, and service management performance expectations.
- Partner with Operations Team to become a subject matter expert, customer set-up, and maintenance of all financial systems.
- Continuous review and improvement of process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance field or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 5 years of experience in a financial environment role, including management experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook; Quick Books, inventory management, and accounting is required.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) with the ability to operate as a super-user to manage, address, and resolve operational issues.
- Proven record of integrity and trust.